Search This Blog

Friday, October 8, 2010

Operation Getting Healthy: Week 6

I had a really rough week with staying on track, both with emotional eating and making healthy choices while eating out. I was also only able to get to the gym one time, but I was really pleased to see that I was able to swim laps for 1/2 an hour before I got tired. The emotional eating has been hard while I'm dealing with the fact that my cancer might be back. It's my first impulse to go to ice cream or pizza when I'm sad or worried. I'm also really missing my Dad which is making it hard to be good about not emotional eating. Having made this progress though, I do not want to slip up and lose ground.

On Monday I will start the low iodine diet and hypothyroid mess I need to go through for the cancer stuff. It's not that unhealthy things are really allowed on the diet because I can't have dairy or bread that I don't make myself. Those are the places where I'd have a hard time. But being hypothyroid will mean that I'm tired and won't want to work out as much. It will also mean that my body isn't really burning calories. So that will be a challenge. I'm going to have to really focus on my commitment to working out. I plan on going on Tuesdays & Thursdays for sure and one weekend day.


Weight lost: 18.9 pounds!

1 comment:

  1. Keep your head up! You're doing what you can given your circumstances. You're almost 20 lbs down. That's awesome! If you can get to 10% down from your original weight, it lowers your chances of high blood pressure, and risks for other health problems. You can do it!! :) Cheer up Megan, I'm here for you!! I'll be your cheer leader! ***rah rah rah rah GOOOOOOOOOOOOO MEGAN!!***

    ReplyDelete