Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Nifty 9

Our celebration of our 9th anniversary was perfect. We started the day off with mimosas after the kids were at school. We had an early lunch at a lovely tea & sandwich spot. We went wine tasting. We relaxed. We sat in the park and talked and enjoyed the warm sunny day. For dinner we got food from Noodles & Co and ate in.

I thought of my Dad. The thoughts of it being exactly 1 year from his terminal diagnosis were fleeting. Instead I thought of the good things. Like when we were first married and he called me on November 8th, so excited to tell us "Happy 1 month anniversary" and I laughed and said "Umm, that was yesterday". I thought of my dance at my wedding with my Dad, how surprised I was that he was such a good dancer. I listened to "our song" which was "I Hope You Dance". I remembered the times that I shared with my Dad the sweet things that my husband did for me. It was nice to see that he was happy that I was taken care of and married to someone so perfect for me. Lots of good memories.

All in all, it was a perfect day!

Some photos from our day....


DSCN1319


DSCN1316


DSCN1321


DSCN1323

DSCN1320

No comments:

Post a Comment