Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

LID: Day 2

I've made it through another day of the low iodine diet.  Woohoo!  Today's important lesson: salting the unsalted organic peanut butter with iodine free salt makes a big difference. I'm trying hard to be positive and see the little victories, but I have to be honest....

Ok, I'm already sick of fresh fruit.  And my stomach is tired of the extra acid.  I didn't even bother logging my calories today because I hardly ate anything.

Breakfast: Homemade turkey sausage from the LID cookbook, a banana, and some sugar free kool-aid. My husband is so awesome with cooking this stuff for me. I really appreciate it. The sausage was pretty good when it was fresh and not so great when it was reheated in the microwave.  Tomorrow I will be reheating it in a pan on the stove top instead.



Photobucket

Lunch: An Archer Farms pomegranate fruit bar and a chapatti flat bread along with Coke Zero Vanilla.

Dinner: Matzo crackers with organic unsalted peanut butter and red grapes.

Snack: Homemade popcorn with sodium free margarine and non iodized salt.

Last night, I also tried a baked apple (with brown sugar & cinnamon) from the LID cookbook. It was pretty yummy especially since I could add the margarine.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment