Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

LID: Day 14, Scan: Week Day 1

Today was my first day of "scan week" which meant I got to go to the hospital this morning for a Thyrogen injection.  Thyrogen will get me ready for the blood test I need to have on Friday that checks for a thyroglobulin level in my blood.  I'd forgotten how much the Thyrogen shots burn.  Ouch!

It was a really rough trip to the hospital for me this morning.  Since I have panic attacks, I had sort of expected that it would be hard for me.  I had no idea how bad it would be today.  After all, I knew what to expect because I have done this more times than I can count.  Thank goodness for my husband who came to my rescue with coffee & anti-anxiety meds.  I really hope that tomorrow is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment