Search This Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

LID: Day 4

Today was day 4 of the low iodine diet.  I did my weekly weigh-in as well and found that I hit a milestone of 20 pounds lost.  I was really happy to see that. I am sure that the LID has something to do with hitting that goal faster than expected.  Especially after the past weekend where I ate whatever I wanted and I have not worked out this week at all.  By the way, I discovered over the weekend that not only do I not miss fried or fast food, but it grosses me out now. I did really miss pizza though!

The LID is making me feel icky. I feel tired, my stomach acid is out of control because of all the fruit and no dairy. When I log my calories I notice that my sugars are too high and my protein and fats are way too low.  This diet is definitely not a healthy one.

Breakfast: Homemade turkey sausage, pomegranate fruit bar, orange juice.

Lunch: Grilled chicken, grapes.

Dinner: Mexican corn (I cheated a little), fruit salad, Matzo cracker with unsalted, organic peanut butter.  I had such a taste for the Mexican corn and I knew it had some dairy on it and probably salt, but I thought a little taste of normal might keep sane.  So I had maybe a 1/4 cup of dairy altogether between the cream and cheese with the corn.

Snacks: fruit strip, grapes, raisins.

A week from today I will be getting my first blood test for the scan.  I'm trying so hard not to wish October away, but I'm happy about each milestone that I pass that brings me closer to this phase being over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment