Search This Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

LID: Day 3

So the best thing I can say about day 3 of the low iodine diet is that I made it through! I feel like with what I am allowed to eat that I wind up having a series of snacks rather than meals. My husband did go to Trader Joe's and got me 2 cool things last night: iodine free tortilla chips and iodine free bread.  The chips are pretty good because they have a lime flavor to them. The bread takes some getting used to. 

Yesterday was also rough because I spent too much time online.  I discovered two things...there is NOT enough online support for thyroid cancer patients & if you spend enough time online, you can really freak yourself out.  I am also wondering how necessary the low iodine diet is too after reading other people's experiences.  It seems that each patient's experience with LID depends on the physician.  Some people avoid seafood, some do nothing for a diet, and some do the strict LID like I am.

I don't have any cool camera phone photos of my tasty treats for you today, but here's what I had yesterday:

Breakfast: sugar-free kool aid,  homemade turkey sausage, banana, Archer Farms pomegranate fruit bar.

Lunch: Chapatti with grilled chicken, Coke Zero

Dinner: Iodine free tortilla chips with homemade pico de gallo, iodine free bread and organic unsalted peanut butter, sugar free kool-aid.

Snacks: Red grapes, Archer Farms fruit strips.

No comments:

Post a Comment