Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Nothing here: no voice and no results

I am on day two of barely having a voice. Today it's actually worse or less of a voice. It's quite frustrating. I was supposed to give a presentation in class yesterday but stayed home because how can you present if you can't talk?!? I think I may get together a powerpoint slideshow for what I was going to say to show tomorrow in case my voice is still not back. It seems this is the semester for nearly every odd thing to happen. First my back, then Evan who never gets sick got the flu, the school shootings, now no voice! I am trying to see what the message is in all this.

I still have no results from my neck ultrasound. I was really hoping to hear something by yesterday. My Mom says "no news is good news" but in my experience, doctors don't always rush to tell you bad or negative news. For instance my surgeon had my cancer diagnosis for 4 days before he told me. (I'm really grateful for that because it allowed me to enjoy Halloween with my kids). Also my last bad ultrasound, it took my doctor a week to tell me because she was consulting with another doctor about it. So, I am pretty nervous. Both times I got the news on a Thursday, so I am hoping for news today. News on Thursdays feels like a bad omen. :woah:

No comments:

Post a Comment