Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Turning that frown upside down

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."– Margaret Mead

Rather than spend the morning feeling blue about class being cancelled, Josh and I made the most of our alone time.  Although there were near white out conditions when we turned out of our neighborhood, we decided it would be a good idea to get out of the house. We went to Panera and picked out a quiet spot to sit and study and have some coffee. After we were done studying we wondered over to Borders and looked at some books for "fun" reading. Luckily by then, the snow had stopped coming down, the wind had calmed down and the air had warmed up.  The snow even started melting which is a good thing when your county is out of salt. 

We picked Abby up from school and headed over to Huskie's Pizza just off campus for one of their "Ginormous slices". They cut the slices from a hand tossed 28 inch wheel.  Josh and I consider ourselves pizza connoisseurs and it was fun to try out a new place.  We will definitely be going back again. 

After lunch we went to the bookstore on campus.  I really wanted to get a Huskie decal for my car window which I did. It was really helpful to lift my spirits to be on campus. Seeing people and traffic on campus made me feel like normalcy is possible. It was good to be there.  It was healing to be there.  I really look forward to attending class this week and getting on with life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment