Search This Blog

Monday, February 11, 2008

To-do today

Today:
*Lots of laundry
*Lots of house cleaning
*Make dentist and eye doctor appointments for Evan
*Lots of reading homework
*Bite the bullet and call my Endo for appointment to discuss scans and dealing with my lymph node situation.
Definitely not looking forward to it. I tried to do it on Friday but I was literally overcome with anxiety and instead spent the better part of the morning crying or freaking out about it. I have to keep reminding myself that avoiding the appointment doesn't change what is or is not in my neck. Avoiding cancer makes it worse not better right? The funny thing is that most of the time I feel really upbeat and positive. I feel certain that I've kicked it's butt and it's over and done with. But then I remember that lymph node. And for a few minutes I feel anxious but I can swallow it and move on. However anytime I have appointments to deal with, it comes to the forefront and I have a harder time dealing with it. As with all over unpleasant things in life, this too shall pass. Some day I am going to look back on the cancer years and chuckle at how worked up I got over a simple phone call to make an appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment