Search This Blog

Saturday, February 16, 2008

NIU Photos

I went to school today along with Josh and the kids. I really wanted to go and lay flowers at the memorial so that's what we did. We also walked around the Commons a little and saw the bulletin board that NIU put up for people to write messages. It was eerily quiet on campus. There is still a lot of press there and it interferes with the grieving process that students need to go through. Obviously the press there means the world is less likely to forget, but I'm sure we'll all be ready for them to be gone when they finally leave. One thing I notice driving around town is the lack of cars with NIU parking permits hanging from the rear view mirror...it's as though all the students have left.

Since the shootings, the world looks different to me. I wonder if it will ever feel normal to walk through campus again. School is such a huge part of my life.

I let Abby be the one to lay the flowers down with the rest. The first photo is Cole Hall, I'll let the rest speak for themselves. Click on any photo to make it bigger.

IMG_0966

IMG_0961

IMG_0960

IMG_0963

IMG_0964

IMG_0965

No comments:

Post a Comment