Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A rough week

This past week has been a huge emotional roller coaster. First family issues, then the shootings and then more family issues. I really really hate drama. I avoid it at all costs. My life used to be full of drama and I worked very hard to cut all that out and to live more honestly and peacefully.

So I am out of practice. I am out of practice with how to deal with it. I'm quite worn out and this also reminds me of why I hate drama.

I guess in the ends you can only do your best, be true to yourself and be as compassionate as possible. Some things are are out of our hands and no amount of talking them through or crying over them will help. You just have to have faith and let go of the wheel.

So I'm trying really hard to let go of the wheel and trust in my faith. And with that, I would love to share two quotes from His Holiness the Dali Lama:

"Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values." - Dali Lama

"Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer."- Dali Lama

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry things are hard right now. Just remember our phrase..."this too shall pass". I hope things start to feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete