Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Today at school


Q:How do you know when you are an anthropology dork?
A: You are part of the following discussion....

I wore my kitty shoes today as always and one of the grad students commented on them.
GS: You are wearing shoes with a cat on them.
Me: Yes, I am. They even have a tail on the back (and I picked up pants leg to show him).
GS: I find that disturbing. I wonder if other people wear cat shoes.
I shrugged my shoulders
GS: It would be interesting to know why people wear cat shoes. What does it mean?
At which point I turned to the undergrad guy next to me and said
Me: I don't really even like cats.
UG: You know the Egyptians believed cats were the guardians of the underworld.
Me: Makes sense, cats are evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment