Search This Blog

Monday, October 27, 2008

Test Results

My doctor called me this morning to give me my test result from Friday. There was no thyroglobulin detected in my blood, so this means my cancer is still in remission. My TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) was 73 and should be .05 and this is due to being off my drugs last week and getting the injections of thyrogen. It should take about 8 weeks for my TSH to go back to .05 and unfortunately during that time I will have the hypothyroid symptoms, most notably extreme fatigue. It sucks because I will be sitting down trying to read my homework or in class and just fall asleep. In the past I have been pretty bummed knowing that I will go through that, but after having several months of being at the correct TSH and feeling great, I am not as worried about it. I know it's temporary and I know that I can feel good. But a heads up, if you are talking to me while I'm hypothyroid and I suddenly start snoring, its not you...it's too much thyroid hormone in my blood.

Cross-posted to Myspace, etc, so sorry if you see this more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment