Search This Blog

Friday, October 10, 2008

It's that time again...

Monday I started the process of going through my remission testing. It's sort of a long process because I have to have a few tests and wait for the results. Yesterday I had an ultrasound of my neck to check my thyroid bed (nothing is in there after all) and my lymph nodes. I have had a few suspicious lymph nodes in the past but my last ultrasound showed that they had shrunk in size and seemed to be getting back to normal. So hopefully these results will show that they are now back to their normal size. After this test, I will have to have shots that will make my TSH spike and then another blood test to check for Thyroglobulin. Any presence of Thyroglobulin would indicate there are thyroid cancer cells in my body. I do not forsee that test showing anything and neither does my doctor.

All that being said, it's still a rough time for me. Being hypothyroid makes me feel very tired among other things. Emotionally it's stressful for Josh and I as we wait to get all the results. Not because we anticipate a problem, but because the unknown is scary. Also let's face it, who enjoys paying for these tests? So why am I sharing this? So you all know if I'm not "myself" or Josh is not "himself" as we go through this. So you know that if I say I'm tired, I'm not exaggerating.

And I'll keep you all posted with the results as I get them.

2 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this stressful time. I know good news is coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I too was diagnosed with stage III papillary-follicular, and was also allowed to do Thyrogen (apparently they are denying a few cases)... just a heads up, while the Thyrogen injections are indeed stressful and the time surrounding them, Thyrogen is done to prevent true hypothyroidism... it basically tricks your body in to believing you're hypothyroid... without you having to go through withdrawal symptoms/hypothyroidism symptoms (weight gain, low body temperature, headaches, depression, etc.).

    Anyway, very exciting about the scan results! I await mine in 6 months-- I'm crossing my fingers! ;-D

    ReplyDelete