Search This Blog

Monday, January 21, 2008

Wine tasting night

"I have enjoyed great health at a great age because everyday since I can remember I have consumed a bottle of wine except when I have not felt well. Then I have consumed two bottles."--Bishop of Seville

IMG_0810

Last night we had Matt and his roommate Tom over for a wine tasting night. We sampled a a good variety of whites and a few reds. I had gotten Josh a wine journal for Christmas because one of our hobbies is wine tasting and we always lose track of what we have tried. I recommend getting a journal if you are a wine enthusiast. Not only is it useful for keeping tabs on what you have tried, but it's fun filling out with a group of friends.

IMG_0794

We also had a fabulous night of eating. For starters Josh made his homemade baked french onion soup. We also had cheese fondue with bread and soft pretzel sticks to dip in it. Dinner was a chicken and steak cajun pasta with alfredo sauce. For dessert I made mint chocolate brownies. Yum! We had Jarlsberg cheese and bleu cheese stuffed olives with our wine.

One of the favorites of the night, Papio Chardonnay:
IMG_0792

Before the kids went to bed, Abby had to pose with her "boyfriend" Matt:
IMG_0802

Saturday night we ordered a "Hurricane" pizza from Vinny's Pizza. It's 24 inches in diameter but that didn't stop 6 of us from taking it down in less than a 1/2 hour.

Josh's hand for comparison...

IMG_0791

1 comment:

  1. That is one HUGE pizza!!! Looks like you all had a great time! I wish I enjoyed wine...wine tasting sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete