Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

If only Moms got sick days...

I have been feeling pretty bad the last couple of weeks because I've been first hyperthyroid and then hypothyroid. It's been rough on me but I've been making it through.

Early this morning I started feeling incredibly nauseous accompanied by a migraine. It was so tough to make Abby's breakfast. Then to compound matters, the dog got sick and I had to clean it up. It was a relief that Abby was in school so I could lay down after I took her. Unfortunately though as the day went on, I felt worse and worse. I got her a happy meal from Burger King thinking I wouldn't have to deal with food until Evan got home. Wrong! She seems to be going through a growth spurt and wants to eat constantly. I had to make her oatmeal, popcorn and get several drinks. Every trip to the kitchen was difficult for me and had to be followed by a trip to the bathroom.

It's hard for a 5 year old to understand why you just can't do things for them. It's hard because she can't do everything for herself. So today was a day where I was powered by love for my children because I didn't have the energy. If not for them, I would have crawled back into bed and slept all day. But I guess that days like today make me appreciate the other days more.

1 comment:

  1. I am sooo sorry you are feeling so poorly! Wouldn't it be nice if mom got sick days???

    I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete