Search This Blog

Monday, January 7, 2008

Weekend Update

We had a nice weekend, despite being screwed with by our neighbor. It's not worth the energy of hating her. There's not really anything I can do about it anyways. Except never make a mistake than she can get me in trouble over.

Josh and I had a really nice date. We went to Maggiano's. We haven't been there in years. It was really nice and the food was super yummy. After lunch we went to see The Kite Runner. Josh and I both loved the book so we were really excited when we heard there was a film version coming out. The film was really well done. I knew that the rape seen was going to be hard for me to watch and honestly I had to turn my head and not watch because it was difficult. If you've read the book, you know it is an main ingredient of the storyline so they had to include it in the film.

Sunday my parents came out to our house. My Dad helped us out by repairing some drywall issues we have/had. I would like to being painting our house soon so it feels more like a home. I am a decent painter, but drywall repair perfection eludes me. Luckily my Dad is very skilled at that type of repair. I also got to see the proofs from my sister's wedding. They turned out really well. It will be hard for me to decide which ones to order because there are so many good ones.

Today it is 60 degrees. Hard to believe for January in northern Illinois. We may even have a thunderstorm later in the day. Selfishly I hope that it waits until after my DirecTV guy comes to fix my dish. This is the 3rd time we have had to reschedule over the weather and I am really hoping he can fix it today. I can go buy my textbooks today which is exciting. I am looking forward to seeing what's in store for the next semester. I start class next Tuesday. I am looking forward to getting back into my routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment