Search This Blog

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Book Club


My attended my first ever book club meeting last night. My sister's neighbor Jessika hosted the meeting and invited me. It was a lot of fun. We had fondue and some girl talk while deciding on our first book. My "homework" from the night was to find out some basics about discussion questions, etc. since none of us had ever been part of a book club. There are some good sites out there with useful information.

Oprah's book club tips

Book Clubs Resource

I also learned that most publishers have a list of discussion questions for the books that they publish. Our first book is Atonement and I was able to go to the publisher's (Random House) website for what they call a reader's guide and get a list of discussion questions.

I think this will be a fun new thing for me since I love to read so much.

1 comment: