Search This Blog

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Tomorrow is day 1 of my week of the thyroid scan. Tomorrow I get my 1st shot. Tomorrow I start to go hypothyroid which means being tired, foggy, slow and having headaches. I'm sad. I feel like I'm going away somewhere for the next 6-8 weeks. Somewhere where I won't be Megan. I won't feel myself...whatever that is anymore. I think I've long since accepted this version of "normal" even though it isn't. Oh what I would give to feel the way I did pre-diagnosis.

I know that the scan is necessary. I need to know that I am still in remission. I know that the low iodine diet, the shots, the being hypothyroid is all part of that. But I have a hard time not feeling sad and a little angry that it also means that I only get to feel "normal" 10 months out of the year. Beating the cancer wasn't the hard part. Living life without a thyroid...that's the hard part.

At least at the end of the week, the diet is over. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment