Search This Blog

Friday, July 31, 2009

The Great Race

Wednesday, Abby, Josh and my best friend Amy ran in The Viking Sunset 5K (for the adults) and kid's race (for Abby). It was amazing to see our daughter who just 6 months ago could not walk running in a race around the Geneva high school track. Just a couple short months ago, Abby was not even able to run. I am SO proud of how hard she has worked to rehabilitate her leg and how far she has come. Yay Abby!

This was the first time Amy ran a 5K so it was really cool to see her make that accomplishment. It's so neat to have a friend that I have known most of my life and get to witness many of each other's milestones. Although Josh has completed a 5K and a triathlon, this was the first time I actually saw him cross the finish line. I was really proud of my husband! I will not understand the joy that they get from running on purpose, but I am proud of them for taking it on.

On to the photos:

Waiting for the kid's lap to start

Photobucket

Photobucket


With her Daddy

Photobucket


Getting to ready to run

Photobucket

Josh and Amy before the 5K

Photobucket


Coming towards the finish line!


Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Awwww shucks...thank you! Can you e-mail the photos to me? Matt took some, but didn't get any of us crossing the finish line. I like the one of Josh and me too.

    Love your comment about not understanding why we run on purpose...made me smile! I find it very challenging and rewarding all wrapped up in one AND it is a great metabolism booster which for me can = fast weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Congrats to everyone, and especially little Abby. Glad it was such a rewarding experience! And I agree...how wonderful to have such a great, strong bond with a friend. You two have a very special friendship. :)

    ReplyDelete