Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back to school

This first week of school has been pretty hectic so far, but also good for the 3 of us. Evan seems to really like high school. He's taking French for his language requirement which is probably more exciting to me than him. I can't wait to be able to talk to each other en francais. Abby loves 2nd grade. I really admire her confidence and enthusiasm for school. She sees everything in a positive light. She must get that from her Daddy, because I'm always full of anxiety.

I like my classes and professors so far. I have had a ton of homework already, but yesterday I was able to do some of it (reading homework) while lounging at the pool. So that made it a little easier to deal with. I am looking forward to starting my remaining class tomorrow and meeting that professor. It's pretty exciting to think that this is the beginning of my last year as an undergrad. It is definitely a challenge for me to start off the year while hypothyroid. Anytime I sit down to reading homework, I wind up falling asleep. But I keep reminding myself that in about 2 weeks or so I'll turn the corner and start feeling like myself again. It's hard, but I'm not going to let cancer stand in my way anymore.

Anyway, some pictures of the kids from their first day!



Evan having an early morning cup of tea. He's so like Josh...they both love tea.

Photobucket


Miss Abby and her cool new hot pink backpack.

Photobucket


In front of her new school!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment