Search This Blog

Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 1

Today is Day 1 of scan week. I had to get myself and Abby up early to go to the hospital for my first shot of Thyrogen which will make me hypothyroid as my TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) shoots up high enough to have the scan. I told Abby that I would be getting a shot in my bum this morning. So of course in the quiet waiting room she wanted to talk about my shot in the butt and her fears that I would scream when they gave it to me.

I asked her, "Do you want to stay in the waiting room and play your Nintendo DS or walk back with me when I get the shot?"
Her reply: "I want to stay in the waiting room so I don't have to hear you scream!".
I said: "I'm an adult and adults don't get to scream about shots".

I told my nurse about my conversation with Abby. She thanked me for not planning to scream. Not that it would matter...they'd still give me the shot. Although I'm not fond of big needles in my bum (actually more my hip), I did NOT scream. The screaming comes later...when the hospital bills arrive.

Tomorrow, second dose of Thyrogen via injection in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment