Search This Blog

Friday, August 7, 2009

Take that cancer!

After I had my scan this morning, the radiologist gave me the all clear that the pictures were good and wouldn't need to re-scan me. I was thrilled....if you've had to have a whole body scan, you understand why. It sucks to lie perfectly still, hands over your head with a big square machine like less than an inch from your face. Since I knew the scan was all clear, I felt pretty confident that the low iodine diet was over...after all I was expecting good results and not to hear that I needed treatment. So I celebrated with an iced mocha coffee from Burger King. I headed back over to the hospital to get my blood drawn and as I was sitting in the parking lot finishing my coffee, my doctor's office called with my scan results. Nothing showed up! I still can't believe I had results in under 30 minutes. Kudos to the radiology department at Delnor Hospital!!!!

I do still have to clear the hurdle of a good thyroglobulin test result but I am not worried. I had that tested not long ago and it was <.2 which is about as good as result as I can get.

2 comments:

  1. Megan, that's fantastic!!! I'm so very happy for you and your family. Time for Italian Tapas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete