Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Days 2 & 3

So I'm about 1/2 way through scan week now. I feel like I can see the end in sight!

Day 2: Yesterday I had my 2nd dose of Thyrogen. Why does the 2nd shot always hurt more than the first one anyway? Ouch! I started feeling tired and some mind fog yesterday so hypothyroidism is making its appearance. But we spent the afternoon at the pool so I didn't have to think or do much.

Day 2: Apparently enjoying a morning delicacy of a low iodine blueberry muffin was not allowed prior to get radiation. I so wish my endo or the hospital had told me that would be an issue. So after having a quite frustrating trip out to the hospital, I have to do it again in just over an hour. Hopefully this time I won't have to deal with the construction or have a slow-moving, brake happy RV in front of me.

PS: Dear Thyroid, I hate you a whole big bunch today. Because of you I've gotten 2 shots this week, had to give up iodine for the past 2 1/2 weeks and now today I get some more radiation. Like I need more radiation!

PSS: If I have to glow in the dark, can my "glow" be pink?

No comments:

Post a Comment