Search This Blog

Sunday, August 23, 2009

I think I'm ready...

Tomorrow is the first day of school for me and the kids. They are ready and maybe even excited. Well, at least the little one is. I think I'm excited about going back. It is after all, the beginning of my last year as an undergrad. It's also my 1st full time semester since I returned to school after Abby was born.

I have all of my supplies....

Staggering amount of textbooks? Yep!

Photobucket




Cute new school supplies? Yep!

Photobucket



Fun new tote bag to carry it all? Yep!

Photobucket



Crushing amount of student loans? You betcha!

But I'm still not sure that I feel ready. I am not really ready to give up lazy morning of snuggling and watching cartoons. I'm not ready to give up days of swimming and lounging at the pool with the kids. I'm not ready for the quiet house that comes with their return to school. Despite some of the frustrating days we've had, I will miss them A LOT.

I'm not ready to go back to class feeling hypothyroid. I don't want to have to explain to a fresh round of professors that when I fall asleep in class, "It's not that I'm bored, it's just that I don't have my thyroid and I can't help it". I'm not ready for all the things on my to-do list this fall. The start of the semester also means that I have to start preparing for my post-graduate life. Where am I going to study? What am I going to study? Can I even afford to go where I want to? Will they accept me? Eeek!

Nevertheless, I have my cute school supplies and my stack of books. So I guess that means I'm ready? Now, what am I going to wear?

2 comments: