Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Baking Bread

I was feeling creative today so Abby and I decided to bake some bread. Don't get too impressed, it's an easy recipe. Abby actually did most of the mixing of the ingredients.

Photobucket



Rising:

Photobucket



And Voila, the finished product which is oh-so-yummy!

Photobucket



Abby really got into the mixing. She was giving me lessons.





And the recipe:

Beer Bread



3 cups self-rising flour*

3 tablespoons granulated sugar

1 (12-ounce) can of beer



1. Preheat oven to 375*F (190*C). Lightly grease or spray a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.

2. Combine all ingredients, mixing well.

3. Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.



Makes 1 loaf.



*Or you may substitute with 3 cups all purpose flour, 3 teaspoons baking powder and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.



I added some crushed red pepper, garlic and shredded cheddar because I found some very yummy suggestions online to modify the recipe. One person suggested brushing the loaf with garlic butter 1/2 way through and I did that as well.

1 comment: