Search This Blog

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hanging in there...

Dad starts chemo today. He's actually getting it right now. I'm having a really hard time. He's so upset about losing his crazy beard. I told him the he'll still be him even if he loses all his hair. How is this really happening? I am trying to so hard to be strong and to keep going on with life as normally as possible but it's very hard.

My life feels turned upside down. At the beginning of the semester I felt overwhelmed but my goals were all A's and getting myself into grad school. Now my goal is get through the semester and hopefully graduate in May. I would really like to graduate in May and have my Dad there to see it, so that is what I am focusing on....getting to that day.

Abby may need to have her leg re-set. The bone fragments have a gap between them that wasn't there last week. Tomorrow morning I will take her for another xray and we'll see what the doctor says then. I am anxious about it, but I do trust her doctor to do the right thing for Abby.

I am so thankful for the support from my friends (whether they live in my computer or my real life). Please keep thinking positive thoughts and remembering my family in your prayers.

I will leave you with a photo of the gorgeous bushes that I saw on campus yesterday. This is just a camera phone picture so the quality but could be better, but...


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment