Search This Blog

Monday, December 15, 2008

The threatmantic note *UPDATED*

If you watch The Fairly Oddparents you probably know what I mean by threatmantic. It's sort of a threatening love letter. This weekend I received one from Abby.

Josh and I have put a stop to the kids spending any allowance on toys until after Christmas. For the most part it hasn't been an issue, but this weekend we were out shopping and Abby wanted to add a stuffed cat to her already large kitty collection. I believe she has 14 of them. We told her she could not get the kitty and she was really quite pathetic about it. I have to admit, I almost caved. (Yes my daughter totally has me wrapped around her little finger). So then, I received this letter:

Photobucket

It's hard to see but basically it's a drawing of captive kitties and a devlish Abby saying that she'll be mean if she doesn't get a kitty. Oh my.

The drawing totally reminds me of Max from the book Where The Wild Things Are.

Photobucket


Naturally we had a discussion about threatmantic letters (although I didn't use that term) and how not nice they are. And as soon as Abby left the room after said discussion, Josh and I burst into laughter. I have to say I'm quite proud of her spelling...it's at least phonetically correct.

Thank you to Gina (who I went to high school with)for this clearer picture:


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! I think my mother probably has a few of these, too. I know my diary does, anyway! And yes, I see the resemblance to Max! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are definitely saving that one. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too much! Abby is one funny girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omgosh that is the funniest picture ever. I laughed so hard!!!

    ReplyDelete