Search This Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Today gets an A+

Yesterday I had a really bad funk. I was sad and feeling bad for myself about random junk. I also had a moment of staring at my scar in the mirror and hating cancer. I can hate cancer all I want. It still happened and hating it won’t change that. But anyway, I let it ruin a big chunk of my day. Today however is so much better.

I don’t normally share this kind of info, but I am so thrilled that I have to. As of this afternoon, all of my cancer bills are paid off! My cancer comrades will understand how tough that is to accomplish and how very good it feels not to owe your soul to the hospital, doctors, pathology lab, etc...

Sadly next week begins more cancer testing, but it will be much easier to pay for than hospital stays, surgeries and treatments. I also have much confidence that my blood test will show no evidence of thyroid cells and that my big lymph node is doing a-okay. And then when that’s all over, I won’t have to worry for a long time. Life can go on and I will continue growing stronger and healthier.

I was also happy to see this today:

Photobucket

It’s not green yet, but it soon will be. Spring is on its way. It’s sunny and in the 50’s today. It’s wonderful not to think about snow and ice and trudging to class in the freezing cold. 

Also, I have some really great friends. Some I see often, some I haven’t seen in a long time. And a few I haven’t even met in real life. Whether it’s a good day or a bad day, you fabulous people are there for me. I am really lucky that you are in my life and allow me to be a part of yours. 

Okay, done being sappy and emotional now. Here’s a cute picture of Abby and the dog, Gracie.

Photobucket

Currently reading : 
Nineteen Minutes 
By Jodi Picoult 
Release date: 05 February, 2008 

No comments:

Post a Comment