Search This Blog

Monday, March 17, 2008

Getaway, photos and cancer

This past weekend we had a family getaway to Wisconsin Dells. It was so nice to have Josh and the kids all to myself. We stayed at a hotel with an indoor water park which the kids loved.

Some photos:
IMG_1155_edited

We went to our favorite pizza place there, Moosejaw and they gave us moose antlers to wear. Abby wasn’t in to it, but the rest of us wore them with pride.
IMG_1147
IMG_1150

This afternoon, I see my endocrinologist for a cancer update. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous. I feel positive that everything is good. I am also hopeful that my abnormal lymph node hasn’t gotten any bigger. But it’s never easy to deal with these appointments. I imagine that some day I will be able to go to a hospital and not have a panic attack. I will be able to have a check-up that doesn’t revolve around cancer. And most importantly I’ll be so healthy that I won’t have any nagging doubts in my mind. 

So with the most positive attitude I can muster up, I will go this afternoon and face whatever she says. I will brace myself for the tests that need to be scheduled. And I will treat myself to Starbucks after it’s all over.

Currently reading : 
Nineteen Minutes 
By Jodi Picoult 
Release date: 05 February, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment