Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Milestones

1 year ago today my beautiful niece was born. She has been such a blessing in all of our lives.  I'm so lucky to be her aunt.
5 years ago today I found out I had thyroid cancer. 

Some of the things I've learned since then:
*  I'm stronger than I thought I was.
*  You can't count on everyone you might have thought you could.
*  Some people will surprise you with how they will come through for you.
*  "It's cancer"....These two words can change your life.
*  It's a really good idea to make every effort to mend all of your bridges. This will give you more peace than you imagined.
*  Just because the cancer doesn't kill you doesn't mean you can ignore your health....other things might try to take you out instead if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment