Search This Blog

Sunday, December 6, 2009

An update

I've been trying to concentrate on Josh and the kids along with finishing up the semester. I have 1/2 of a paper written...the rest is due on Thursday. I have 2 finals tomorrow which I spent the weekend studying for. Wednesday I have to make a french test and take that final as well. I am almost done with this semester from hell.

I am doing okay most of the time. But I think I'm still in shock too. I can get through most of the day thinking life is normal and then something reminds me and I just miss my Dad. I miss him so much. I miss his advice. I miss talking to him about mundane things like which weather person we trust on ABC or where gas is the cheapest. I miss his stories about things that went on in his life. I miss his crazy beard. I miss the randomness of his affection. He always loved us, but he was more the type of person to do something to show you his love rather than saying "I love you".

I have a wonderful group of friends from the internets. Wow, I am just blown away by the kindness. Vikki drove down for Dad's funeral. Teiva sent me some thoughtful goodies that cheered me up. All the kind comments and well wishes you have given me mean so much.

I have been posting with a group of mostly ladies for almost 10 years now. We started out all selling on eBay and it's moved on from that. I've met a few of them in real life as well. They were so supportive during my cancer diagnosis and also have really been there for me through Dad's illness and his passing. They sent me beautiful flowers and restaurant gift cards so I didn't have to cook. They donated to the scholarship fund at my parents' church in Dad's honor. They also sent me a check to do whatever with. I am going to donate that money in honor of my Dad to help women & children in Africa because that's my passion. I am looking into some charities to see what is out there. I am so thankful for my internet friends. It's amazing how people who have never shaken your hand can touch your heart so deeply.

1 comment:

  1. You are soooooo very loved. I am sending you big, big hugs.

    ReplyDelete