Search This Blog

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Life Goes On?

Abby is having a really hard time with losing her Papa. Last night she woke up crying and told me that she was afraid that when she grew to be an adult she would die really quick. I told her that she'll grow into a very old woman with lots of grandbabies to love and kiss.

After I dropped Abby off at school, it began to snow. It's not accumulating. Just big pretty flakes...the 1st of the season. Another painful reminder of what my Dad is not here to see. But also in a way, I'm sure he's relieved to be missing out another Chicago winter. Chicago winters suck. The shoveling, the slippery pavement, the driving in it.

On my to-do list for today and tomorrow:
*Take 2 archaeology quizzes online.
*Begin writing my paper on Sierra Leone. I love the topic, but also wears me out emotionally. I'm not sure I have the emotional energy for it now.
*Find a psychologist that is in our insurance plan. I need someone to talk to.
*Get the house clean. It's been neglected for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment