Search This Blog

Friday, December 18, 2009

Thank you Pretties!

My fabulous friends at AMPF (a chat forum group) have been so supportive and kind to me through not only my cancer battle, but when my Dad recently lost his cancer battle. They sent me a check for $60 to do whatever with. I decided that I'd like to honor my Dad by donating that money to charity. My passion is Africa. My post-graduate plans include doing fieldwork in Africa. I would give anything for my Dad to be around to see my realize my goals. Since he can't be there, I want to honor those goals and him by donating to 2 causes I feel are important: girl's education and clean drinking water in Africa.

I am going to donate to Charity Water which has many projects to bring clean drinking water to developing countries, many of them in Africa. The other charity I am going to donate to is Save the Children. I have selected to donate to their Keep an adolescent girl in school in Ethiopia program. I really think the key to peace is for girls and women to be educated so that they can make better choices for them and their families.


1 comment:

  1. Meg...this is so incredible awesome of both them and you. You amazing me each and every single day.

    ReplyDelete