Search This Blog

Monday, January 5, 2009

Boo Boo leg

That's what we are calling it..."boo boo leg".  Yesterday, Abby fell down while running on a patch of ice in our driveway and broke both lower bones in her leg. She was outside playing with her friends for a few minutes when it happened. We took her to the ER and after a very long wait, they told us she'd have to stay the night.

We are so thankful that she didn't have to have surgery to repair the bones. They are managing her pain and she should be getting a cast today. She's being so brave through the whole thing.  I've never broken a bone, so I can't imagine how she's feeling. I only wish that I could make it my leg instead of hers.  It's so hard to see your child in pain. 

We are still in the hospital with her now and I have to say that hospital rooms have really changed since I was last in one. There's computer access, wi-fi, movies to watch and a flat screen tv...all that in a private room. I am thankful for the fact that those things make my baby more comfortable. You could almost think this is some weird kind of sleepover in a hotel room except for the little girl in the splint. :-(

6 comments:

  1. OMG...I just read everything today! I am sorry to hear that Abby broker her leg...but, glad to hear that surgery won't be necessary!

    If there is anything I can do, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, I just saw this! I'm so sorry! I didn't realize any of this or I'd never have asked anything of you yesterday. Big hugs to you all, and try to get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem Becky. I know you didn't know about the leg when you sent me a message. Honestly right now I'm sitting in the hospital room staring at the tv. Abby is comfortable and entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like my maternity suite!

    ReplyDelete