Search This Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

Operation Getting Healthy: Week 5





made a few bad choices and succumbed to emotional eating once or twice, but considering the disappointing news about my lymph nodes I am cutting myself some slack.  Even when I made bad choices, I compensated for it later in the day by eating lower calorie meals.  I have still been logging my calories & exercise on myfitnesspal.com.  I also joined the gym last week and have gone to work out twice.  Working out wasn't easy for me, but I enjoyed the feeling of accomplishment.  The first time that I went I swam laps.  I had a hard time hoisting my fat ass out of the pool which was mortifying, but I won't let it stop me from doing it again.  I really enjoy swimming for exercise.  The second time I did the bike and treadmill.  My knees are a little sore today, the day after but hopefully I can get them stronger and take more pressure of them by exercising and losing the weight. 

Overall I'm down 18.1 pounds!  I lost enough weight to need a lower dose of Synthroid.  Woot, woot!

1 comment: