Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

And now we wait....

I did my first step of the yearly cancer testing this morning which was an ultrasound of my neck. They were looking at my thyroid bed and the lymph nodes in my neck.  I am not at all worried that there would be tissue in my thyroid bed.  Because hey, it's been nearly 5 years since my 2 lobectomies that removed my thyroid.  (I had the first one in Oct. 2005 & the second in Nov. 2005).  But I am concerned about my lymph nodes because they have been suspicious in the past.  I have even had a biopsy of the lymph node closest to my carotid artery.  Let me tell you, that was not awesome.  It was painful and scary and I hope it never happens again.

So the radiologist like instantly had my scan to look at, but I probably won't hear anything until the end of the week from my endocrinologist. So now, it's time to wait. If anything looks out of place from the ultrasound, I will be doing the radioactive iodine uptake & scan in October. If not, there may never be RAI uptake & scan in my future again.

So either way, I have my low iodine cookbook ready....ready to use or ready to burn.

2 comments:

  1. It's so much easier when you have hubby's support!

    Good Luck, I will be reading your blog more frequently.

    Love Alli......XX

    ReplyDelete