Search This Blog

Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday Five: 5 Things I Want to Learn

I have been missing the routine of going to class and the excitement of learning something new.  School might be stressful at times, but it's one of the best decisions I've ever made.  I really enjoy learning something new, whether it's something to do with anthropology or not. So here are 5 things I would like to learn:

1. How to decorate a cake. And by decorate I mean those little roses or something more elaborate than shaking on some sprinkles.

2. How to sew.  Like really sew, not just fix a hole in something.

3. How to make wheel thrown pottery.  I am hoping to take a class before the end of the summer.

4. Fluency in French.  This is something I'm working on and something I need to demonstrate for my PhD.  It's also something I would really enjoy knowing. 

5. How to make the perfect fruit cake.  I know most people think the only good thing about a fruitcake is to use it as a doorstop.  I personally love fruit cake but I haven't had a good one since the last time my Grandma made it for me.  If only she'd kept recipes of the things she baked. 

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a Michaels or Hobby Lobby nearby? They have the Wilton classes. They are 4 weeks long, 2 hrs per week. I've been taking them, and while I taught myself a lot, it's been nice learning the basics to give me confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, there is a Michael's nearby. I will have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete