Search This Blog

Monday, May 11, 2009

Finally!



For the past 2 months, a lot of my conversations with my classmates or my family have revolved around a small and nearly extinct primate.  My "big paper" of the semester that I poured so much of my time and energy into was about the black and white ruffed lemur.  Why it's in danger, why we should save it, and the best plan for conserving the species.  Since I started researching this little critter, I have wanted to go to the Lincoln Park Zoo and see one. Yesterday I finally got to go and see if this little fuzzy guy was worth all the fuss I'd made over him. It is.  My pictures aren't the greatest because I wasn't very close to him/her.  It was very exciting for me though.  I don't plan on changing my focus from ethnology to primatology, but I could see getting involved in a conservation project in a cultural capacity to help save animals like this little guy.  I learned so much this semester and it really opened my eyes about conservation.  Anyway...here are my photos of the the Lincoln Park lemur:


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment