Search This Blog

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Remembering...

At this time a year ago today I was just learning of the shootings at my school. Jessika was calling me to ask if I was there. I was flipping on the tv and seeing with horror that my school, where I had just been, was on tv and some disturbed man was killing my classmates.

NIU is doing a lot of memorial things today, but I cannot bring myself to go. I know that if I do, I will spend the rest of the day crying and being sad. I have and will spend today thinking of what happened last year. But I also want to be happy and move on. I love being a Huskie. I'm proud to be a student at NIU. I think the best thing we can do is to move on and be successful. To remember that each day is precious and to fill our lives with love. Even knowing that, I do feel sad and weepy remembering... And really how could I ever forget? I didn't know the people who were killed, but I am thinking of them today and the families who miss them.

So I may not make it over to campus today, but my heart is there. I am thinking of my fellow Huskies. Forward Together Forward...keep moving on.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment