Search This Blog

Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Valentines

Photobucket

I had a nice Valentine's Day despite it also being the anniversary of the shootings at NIU. I had my moments of being sad about that, but I kept the focus of the day on my family.

The day started off with me getting a delivery of 18 roses from my husband. Although he's brought me flowers countless times, he'd never sent me flowers, so this was a first. It was very sweet. Especially because I'm sure he wrestled with the cost of doing it that way. I appreciated it very much. Abby also made us all valentines cards before we woke up which was very sweet. I love the things my children make more than any other gift they could have given me.

I got to have coffee at Caribou with Amanda and her adorable baby girl. It was really nice to see them and have some girl talk.

I made the kids and Josh Valentines cards. I also made each of the kids a stuffed octopus. I am not very talented in the sewing department, but I think they turned out cute. We also made some heart cutout cookies which Abby enjoyed decorating and the rest of us enjoyed eating. We ended the day with a heart shaped pizza and champagne for dinner. It was a very nice day.

Here is my day in photos...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Being silly, wearing one of Abby's bows...

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the heart shaped pizza! I haven't seen one of those since Pat's Pizza in Chicago! Great idea, and now I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics...looks like everyone had a nice Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete