Search This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Remission Anniversary #4

Tuesday was my my 4th time celebrating the moment I found out my cancer was in remission.  Traditionally we make it a family day and do something fun outside together. This year it was really hot with no breeze outside which limited our time outside, but we still had a great time.

Evan had to go to summer school for the half the day and Josh had to work a 1/2 day. So Abby and I enjoyed a lazy morning in our pj's watching cartoons. Then we went and picked up the guys to have a beautiful picnic. We went to a butterfly exhibit at The Peck Road Farm in Geneva. We also enjoyed some sno cones and went swimming. After Abby went to bed, Evan babysat for us so we could grab some margaritas with some friends at Eduardo's. It was a really great day. We did a lot of fun things and the kids behaved excellently.

My remission anniversary is more important to me than my birthday. Being born was easy. Kicking cancer's butt took a lot more effort on my part.


Some photos of the day....


DSCN0861

DSCN0868

DSCN0872

DSCN0878

DSCN0883

DSCN0881

DSCN0885

DSCN0896

DSCN0900

DSCN0935

No comments:

Post a Comment