Search This Blog

Monday, August 25, 2008

1st Day of School

Today was back-to-school for Evan, Abby and myself. Evan and Abby had a half day today which is always nice to ease the kids back into the school year. They both had a great first day and like their teachers. Abby has her kindergarten teacher again because she is now teaching 1st grade. We are so thrilled with that because we loved this teacher last year.

I attended my 1st class this morning which was French 101. I was afraid I'd be the only senior in a classroom full of freshman. Well I did feel somewhat old when I learned that our instructor is only 21! Yikes, but he's a Frenchman so he definitely knows that language. It seems like it will be a fun class. I am looking forward to Linguistics tonight because it's a discipline of Anthropology that I know very little about.

Josh took the day off to make everything go more smoothly and to share in the excitement of the 1st day of 1st grade for Abby. We ordered pizza for lunch and the kids each got to pick their favorite toppings.

Here are some photos of the 1st day:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Abby and her buddy Maddie:
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Happy 1st day of school...Glad to hear all went well after reading about how sad and alone Abby looked when you dropped her off.

    LOVE the new glasses. They are shaped similarly to mine...you will get used to it. I didn't think I would, but I did even though I don't wear them that often.

    ReplyDelete