Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A rainbow of books

Since I wrapped up the spring semester last Tuesday, I've been staying busy with the usual craziness of our household and starting up some new projects around the house. There are about a dozen things I have been wanting to do all year but just never had the time. Ever since seeing someone's books in a photo arranged by color, I have been wanting to do it with our bookshelf. Reading is a huge thing in our family. Josh, Evan and I read a lot. Abby is learning to read on her own, but we still read her a lot of books. So it was nice to turn something that is ordinary looking but important to us into something pretty to look at.
Here is a before picture:
IMG_1280

And after:
Photobucket

Photobucket
I am still debating how to handle my display on the top of the unit. I'm sure I'll play with it some more before I'm done.

PS: Scroll down. I've been a busy poster. Tomorrow I will post pictures from Josh's birthday.

1 comment:

  1. I would have never thought to organize books by color. That looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete