Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Mommies don't get sick days

I injured my knee in January and then reinjured it again a couple of weeks ago. My doctor wants me to rest it as much as possible, which as a mom is a joke. Luckily my husband took a long weekend this past weekend and I did get a chance to rest a bit.

From Friday afternoon until now I've basically been doing nothing in an effort to rest my kneecap injury. And it sucks. I'm bored out of my mind. I have to sit with my leg straight out or it hurts. I have to limit going up and down the stairs (according to the doc) so I have to decide where I want to be. If I go to the living room, there's no computer and the kids control the tv. If I stay upstairs where I can control the tv and use the computer, then the kids are constantly fighting and tattling on each other. Gah! I've read 2 books and working on a 3rd plus 4 magazines.

The good news: I think it's actually helping. I'm in less pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment