Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Operation get healthy: an update

I went to see my primary care doctor this morning and got pretty good feedback. My blood pressure is under control with the 20mg of Lisinopril I've been taking. I shared my frustrations about adjusting to my cpap machine and was really pleased with his reaction. He said that my neurologist should change my mask and/or machine. If he doesn't, my primary doc will send me to someone else. He also referred me to an ENT to see if having my tonsils out will help with my apnea. My objection to that surgery is that my tongue may still fall back over my airway, but I'm willing to see what the ENT will say. If they felt I had a pretty good chance of curing my apnea with surgery, I'd consider it.

I did get a reminder to work harder on the weight loss. I'm working on it. I eat mostly low carbs these days, but that emotional eating is the hard part to overcome. I deal with it in my weekly therapy to some extent. It's hard to undo 33 years of dealing with my emotions through food. I started reading:





I feel like this book was written with me in my mind. If you have issues with emotional eating, I recommend checking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment