Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Waiting To See You Daddy
Written by Daisy Estrada
Friday, 02 October 2009 05:06

The colors faded
Daddy, the day you left
I know you had cancer
but I didn't think you would leave
Just a horrible nightmare
I still can't believe
My heart fell to pieces the day we found out
When the doctor came in and filled our lives with doubt
It was the first time I saw my fearless daddy's eyes fill with fright
Who knew that the days that would come would no longer be bright
Why didn't you get better?
One of the many questions that torment my mind
If only I could I would rewind
To warn you to eat and live more healthy
So that now maybe you could still be
To tell you to go to the doctor regularly
So today I would not be so sad and angry
To spend more time with you
Although I had a boyfriend and remind you, Dad, that I still love you too
To tell you I'm so proud and lucky you're my father
So that I can see you blush and your warm smile
To tell you I'm sorry for all the times I misbehaved
So I wouldn't feel so guilty and feel my heart cave
To hug you and kiss you and thank you for everything
So you knew how much I appreciated you when you were there
To be a better daughter
Like you were such a wonderful father
But reality hits and I can't rewind
So instead I wait for the day I die to be reunited with you again
and see your face so kind

Copyright 2003 by Daisy Estrada. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment