Search This Blog

Friday, September 18, 2009

One of "those families"...

You know those families that you see on tv who have all these big problems happening to them at once? I'm starting to feel like my family is "one of those families". Just when I feel that I couldn't possibly take one more thing, that one more thing happens. Last night I learned that my Dad has lung cancer. I do not know the prognosis yet but hopefully we'll hear that soon and it will be positive and hopeful news.

I truly believe that there is something to having people pray for you or put their positive thoughts about you into the universe. So that's why I'm sharing this with you who are reading this. Please send a positive thought our way or say a prayer to whatever god you believe in.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Meg...my heart goes out to you. I hope you know how much I think of you. People always ask me if I can have anymore bad luck. I know for sure that I am a much stronger better person for what has happened to me. Our lives might look like a train wreck drama...but I still smile everyday or try to. Sometimes I just break down at all the horrible things that have happened this year and how much death I have experienced. So many sad things...but then I realize how lucky I am. This is different though when it comes to health things and you and I both know that. You can be as strong as an ox but cancer can break you down. I really want you to go get the book THE MIDDLE PLACE. Go get it as soon as you possibly can and read it. Even if you can only read a page a day. I am thinking of you. Keep your pretty head up.

    Send your dad my love. He is already a survivor and he will get through this!

    ReplyDelete