Search This Blog

Monday, November 19, 2007

Doctor Day

Today was doctor day. First had to take Abby to the allergist. She is no longer allergic to milk or soy..yay! But I still have to carry an epi-pen for the peanut allergy. We celebrated with some milk and a snowman shaped donut at Krispy Kreme.

Then I went to the endocrinologist. My blood pressure was great (surprising considering my anxiety). I had a blood test. I swear their phlebotomist takes out her frustrations when she is drawing blood..ouch. So good news: no scan in January. Which means no low iodine diet, no thyrogen injections, no week at the hospital and no giant bill...woohoo! The bad news is that she is still very suspicious of my stupid lymph nodes. She told me that:
*the biopsy doesn't really rule out cancer in there.
*enlarged lymph nodes rings a warning bell in cancer patients
*We will be doing another round of tests on my neck in March.

So what I've pushed to the back of my mind is at the forefront again. I'll be honest, I cried the whole way home. I'm just so sick of my dumb neck. I WANT TO BE DONE. I am looking at this way...if she though I was in real danger, those lymph nodes would be outta there...like now. The part of my brain that wants to throw a huge panic attack fit isn't believing that which makes it more difficult. But I'll get through this like every other time there's been a scare or bad news. I'm getting stronger at fighting this cancer monster. I realized today that I have been focusing on cancer so little that the 2nd anniversary of my diagnosis (November 3rd) came and went and I didn't even stop to notice. It's losing it's hold on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment