Search This Blog

Monday, April 16, 2007

Fancy livin', here we come!


I rarely use the cloth dinner napkins in my house. One of the reasons why I don't is that my daughter would probably just use them as a blanket for her baby doll rather than a napkin. My son would likely toss them in the garbage when he's done with dinner. I just can't see my 11 & 4 year old children appreciating a nice table setting for dinner.

There are nights though when my hubby and I wait until after the kids are in bed to have dinner. When you have children, quiet dinners alone are to be cherished. It's then that I put candles on the table, sometimes placemats and (drumroll please) cloth napkins. But I don't fold them into birds of paradise, I just stuff them into a napkin ring. Some night when I'm not so tired that I might fall asleep in my soup, I might just try out these instructionsfor fancy napkin folding.

No comments:

Post a Comment